Caste certificates prove a person's religion, caste, and community. Indian citizens need a caste certificate to avail the various kinds of facilities offered by the state government.
Easy Process and Documentation
- Passport-size photograph
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate of the father
- Filled Application form
- Address proof
Process, Service Charges, Time duration
- When you send us your paperwork, our experienced staff will review your paperwork with local government officials to determine the service’s cost, feasibility, and completion date. After a quote has been given, it remains fixed. Location affects project duration and cost. Send us your documents and specific requirements to get a price and turnaround estimate.
- On an average Procurement takes four to six weeks.
India's Most Trusted Legal Documentation Portal
Caste Certificate– How to get Caste Certificate
Do you Want reserved class benefits? Check your eligibility and apply for a caste certificate.
Importance of Caste Certificate
As previously discussed, people from the reserved classes can benefit from a variety of schemes and sectors. These advantages include:
- Legislative reservations
- Employment reservations
- Government-funded scholarships
- Educational institution seats
- Relaxed government job age limit
- State grants
- Reserved-class subsidies
- Government-targeted programmes
Eligibility Requirements for Obtaining a Caste Certificate
The Jati Praman Patra, another name for the Uttar Pradesh caste certificate, is only given to people who meet the following requirements in order to receive it:
- It is required that the person applying for the certificate be a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- They are required to show either proof of residence or a domicile certificate in order to establish that they are residents of Uttar Pradesh.
- In order to qualify, a person’s caste must be included on the Schedule-1 list of the Uttar Pradesh Public Services.
Required Paperwork for Obtaining a Caste Certificate
When applying for a caste certificate in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, you are required to have the following paperwork on hand: Included in these documents are:
- Father’s caste certificate
- Form of application in the prescribed format
- Address proof – You can provide a copy of either of the following: Ration card, voter identification card, phone bill, electric bill, or food security card
- Income verification (in case of a lower income, you can also avail some financial benefits offered by the government from time to time)
- Photograph in passport size
Cost of Obtaining a UP Caste Certificate
When you apply for the Jati Praman Patra through the office of the Tahsildar, the application is almost completely free of charge. This was done to ensure the active participation of groups that were previously socially and economically disadvantaged.
But you’ll need to affix a court stamp, which will set you back a mere 1.5. You can also submit your application through the school district’s official online portal. However, a 20 service fee will be required of you in this instance. Applying for a caste certificate online via an e-portal is the easiest and most convenient option if you have the required documents in digital form. Additionally, you can use this site to access a downloadable copy of your certification.
WHAT IS A CASTE CERTIFICATE AND HOW DO I GET ONE?
The following is a list of the steps that you will need to take in order to apply for the UP caste certificate through the Tahsildar’s Office or a CSC centre in the state of Uttar Pradesh:
- Obtain the application form and carefully fill out all of the fields with your information. Make sure that your application form corresponds to the caste category that you belong to.
- Attach a photograph of yourself in passport size to the upper-right hand corner of the application form. In addition, affix a court fee stamp with a value of 1.50 rs.
- You’ll also need to include a self-declaration letter. The CSC facility itself is where you will be able to obtain the necessary template. In that case, please visit the nearest information desk.
- When you’ve finished filling out the form and the self-declaratory note, you should turn them over to the CSC operating officer. Please include all necessary paperwork.
- Now, the CSC office will enter all of your information into an online portal and send it to the appropriate department. You will receive an application number here; make sure to keep this number safe so that you can monitor the progression of your application in the days and weeks to come.
- You will receive a notification on your mobile number informing you of the application’s status.
Obtaining a Caste Certificate Online
Here is how to apply for a caste certificate in UP online:
- Go to the UP government’s e-district portal.
- After clicking this link, you will be taken directly to the site’s main page.
- If you’re a first-time visitor, you can create an account by selecting the “New User Registration” tab.
- Now you can fill out a form with your name, email, address, phone number, etc.
- Please take the time to fill in the information and then select “Save” when finished.
- Please keep in mind that the login credentials you establish here will be used for all UP certificate applications.
- Return to the main page once the OTP verification of your mobile phone number has been completed.
- To do this, please go to the ‘Login’ menu and fill out the required fields.
- When you are ready to apply online, log in to your account and then select the tab labelled “Apply Online.”
- Here you can view a complete catalogue of accreditations. Find the caste certificate here and click on it.
- When you select “caste certificate” from the drop-down menu, a form will load. Please complete the form and attach the required documents.
- Next, hit the “Submit” button.
Proceed to the payment page and submit the required 20 application fee.
- In a few days, once everything is finalised, you will receive your certificate.
- The registered mobile number will receive a notification. You can access the printable certificate through the portal after it has been issued.
CASTE CERTIFICATE VALIDITY
A caste certificate will remain valid for the rest of one’s life, unless the reservation system itself is abolished.
WHERE TO GO TO CHECK ON MY APPLICATION
The e-District portal makes it simple for the applicant to view the current status of their application. Select the ‘Application Status’ tab after logging in. To see where your application stands, simply enter your application number and hit the search button.
Those who wish to participate in the reserved caste system are required to have a Jati Praman Patra.
In order to take part in a variety of government programmes and to be eligible for benefits, you need to have this certificate. In addition, there are benefits to be gained in areas such as applying to universities, obtaining jobs in the government, and other areas.