Import Export Code Online
Import Export Code (IEC) is a 10-digit code that is issued by the Director-General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) in India. It is a unique identification number that is required for businesses involved in the import or export of goods and services from India.
Easy Process and Documentation
- PAN card
- GST registration certificate (if applicable)
- Bank account details
- Digital signature certificate
- Photograph of the applicant
- Address proof of the applicant ( Voter ID or Utility Bill)
- Identity proof of the applicant (Aadhar Card or Passport)
Process, Service Charges, Time duration
- When you send us your paperwork, our experienced staff will review your paperwork with local government officials to determine the service’s cost, feasibility, and completion date. After a quote has been given, it remains fixed. Location affects project duration and cost. Send us your documents and specific requirements to get a price and turnaround estimate.
- On an average Procurement takes four to six weeks.
India's Most Trusted Legal Documentation Portal
WHY GO WITH LEGALDOCS?
- We guarantee the lowest price
- Serviced over 50000 customers
- No office visits and no hidden costs.
WHAT IS THE IEC?
IMPORT EXPORT CODE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Form Filling, Payment, and Document Upload
Our Team will consult with you and assist you with the drafting and documentation.
Your participation is required.
You must complete the short form by logging in to the LegalDocs website and make the payment after drafting. The customer will see the Document Upload section after a successful payment.
Legaldocs is taking action.
We’ll begin the application process.
IE CODE DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
|LLP/ Company/ Proprietor’s PAN||Adhaar Card Partners/Directors/Owners|
|Address verification of the Establishment – Any utility bill or lease agreement||Partners/ Directors/ Proprietor Adhaar Card|
|Cancelled Cheque for Company Account, Proprietary Account||Photographs of the partners/directors/proprietors|
|Documents for Incorporation/Partnership/Proprietorship||Resolution from the company or partnership that allows any designated partner to apply for IEC Registration, along with the digital signature of the approved designated partner.|
Additional Read : Needed Documents for IEC Registration
FEATURES OF THE IMPORT AND EXPORT CODE (IEC)
LegalDocs is the biggest Import Export Code Agent in India, with users all over the country.
- Every person who imports or exports goods must sign up with IEC.
- DGFT, Customs, and the Export Promotion Council make sure that imports and exports can be used to make money. Without this number, the money can’t be claimed.
- IEC code is good for life, so you don’t have to keep renewing it.
- Any property owner can get the code in their own name, and they don’t have to set up a business to do so.
- When it comes to IEC, you don’t have to file a return, and you don’t have to file import or export activities under DGFT.
PROCESS OF IEC
Process Once done, it takes about 5-7 working days to share documents.
ADVANTAGES OF IEC
- Open the International Market IEC can help you take your business and its products to the international market and help your business grow. You can also sell your goods on platforms in other countries.
- Scaling up a product and making more money The organisation will make a lot more money than before.
- As a result of IEC registration, the organisation gets a number of benefits, and different companies can get a number of benefits from DGFT, customs, etc. On exports, the company can also claim tax breaks.
- There’s no need to file a tax return. IEC does not require that any profits be written down. When a job is given, there is no need to go through any steps to prove that it is legitimate. Even for fare exchanges, there is no need to report any profits to DGFT.
- simplest way to do it It is easy to get an IEC code from the DGFT within 10 to 15 days of submitting an application. Getting an IEC code doesn’t require proof of any fare or import.
- No need to start over IEC code works for the whole life of a substance and doesn’t need to be charged. It could also be used against all export and import transactions.
WHEN IMPORT-EXPORT CODE IS NOT NEEDED
- According to the government’s most recent circular, if a business has registered for GST (Goods and Services Tax), it is not required to obtain an IEC. In such instances, the PAN card will serve as the new IEC code for importing and exporting merchandise.
- IEC is not required unless goods are imported for commercial purposes. In addition, charitable institutions are exempt from IEC
- If you looking to expand your market beyond national borders and engage in export/import, please contact our specialists to learn about the necessary procedures. All services, including GST registration and business registration, are available to you.
CASES WHERE IMPORT EXPORT CODE IS NOT REQUIRED
- As per the latest circular passed by the government it is declared that every trader do not require IEC if they have registered themselves under GST (Goods and Services Tax). In such cases the PAN card will be used as new IEC code for importing and exporting goods
- IEC is not required until and unless you import goods for commercial use. As well as Charitable institutions do not require IEC
- If you are looking to expand your market and go beyond country borders and export/import, reach out to our experts and know all formalities you need to get through. You can avail all services such as GST registration, business registration etc.
DEMANDS OF IEC
LegalDocs is India’s largest Import Export Code Agent, with customers all over India.
- For customs clearance, importers need an IEC Licence.
- For export subsidy, exporters need an IEC Licence.
- For a bank to send and receive money from foreign customers, the bank needs an IEC Licence.
- IE Code is required for Food Licencing and APEDA Licencing.
CURRENT ACCOUNT OPENING
A current account is a type of deposit account that helps professionals and business owners run their operations. Businessmen can benefit from an Online Current Account in a variety of ways, including:
- Transactions are unlimited.
- Features that can be tailored
- Online banking services The convenience of having an online current account allows you to complete your banking transactions whenever and wherever you want.
READY TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS?
- Current Account with a Zero Balance
- In only 5 minutes
- Free Current Account Powered by ICICI Bank
IE CODE FAQS
A. Any sincere individual or business launching an international trade project.
Importers and exporters in the following categories are exempt from obtaining an IEC number:
(i) Importers covered by clause 3(1) of the Foreign Trade (Exemption from Application of Rules in Certain Cases) Order, 1993 [except subclauses (e) and (l)] and exporters covered by clause 3(2) [except subclauses (i) and (k)].
(ii) Central or state government ministries or departments.
(iii) Individuals importing or exporting items for their own use unrelated to commerce, manufacturing, or agriculture.
(iv) Individuals who import or export goods into or out of Nepal, Myanmar through Indo-Myanmar border areas, and China (through Gunji, Namgaya Shipkila, and Nathula ports), as long as the CIF value of a single consignment is less than Indian Rs.25,000. The applicable value ceiling will be Rs. 100,000 for Nathula Port. However, unless an export falls under category (ii) above, the exemption from obtaining an IEC number shall not apply to the export of Special Chemicals, Organisms, Materials, Equipments, and Technologies (SCOMET) as listed in Appendix-3, Schedule 2 of ITC (HS).
A. Processing time is usually two working days. 15 working days for IEC cancellation