Gumasta license is a registration certificate that is required to conduct any kind of commercial activity in India, such as trading, business, or shop establishment. It is a mandatory registration that every business owner must obtain to operate legally in the state of Maharashtra
Easy Process and Documentation
- PAN card of the business owner
- Proof of identity and address
- Photograph of the business owner
- Details of the business
- Proof of ownership or rental agreement of the business premises
- NOC from the landlord (if rented)
- Copy of the partnership deed or Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) (if applicable)
- Bank account details of the business
- Proof of payment of professional tax (if applicable)
- card of the business owner
Process, Service Charges, Time duration
- When you send us your paperwork, our experienced staff will review your paperwork with local government officials to determine the service’s cost, feasibility, and completion date. After a quote has been given, it remains fixed. Location affects project duration and cost. Send us your documents and specific requirements to get a price and turnaround estimate.
- On an average Procurement takes four to six weeks.
India's Most Trusted Legal Documentation Portal
WHY GO WITH LEGALDOCS?
- Cheapest Price
- No office visit, No additional fees
- Served more than 50,000 customers
WHAT IS A GUMASTA LICENCE?
If you are going to start a new company, you are going to need an important licence, which is known as a Shop act Licence or a Gumasta Licence. When you start any kind of business in India that involves a physical shop, you are required to obtain a Shop Act Licence or a Gumasta licence from the appropriate state authority.
Gumasta Licence was made mandatory in order to protect the rights of workers and other businesses operating within the jurisdiction. It is necessary to submit an application for Gumasta prior to opening a store, hotel, or other commercial establishment. It also helps to regulate the betterment of employees, such as the conditions in which an employee works, the payment they receive, the rules they must follow, and the benefits they receive to the greatest extent possible.
The shop and establishment registration should contain the following details, such as the name of the employer and manager, the name of the establishment, the nature of the business being conducted there, the number of workers, and any other details that may be prescribed. A receipt of intimation must be given to the employer of the Shop establishment by the Facilitator in the form and following the procedure that may be prescribed.
Read on for more: What Exactly Is a Gumasta Licence?
PROCESS OF SHOP ACT REGISTRATION
According to the new rules of the Shop Act Registration, you can get an instant Gumasta licence by following 3 simple steps online at LegalDocs.
Step 1. Aplication: Shop-A-T Form Fill out the form based on the Shop Act of your state.
Step 2. Submit Documents: Upload the required documents, like proof of identity, proof of address, and proof of establishment (photo of owner with shop/ establishment hoarding).
Step 3. Review and approval: Respond to questions from the office and get a digitally signed Shop Act Licence with LegalDocs. LegalDocs helps and advises with application paperwork and approval from the right authorities. We offer three easy steps to get Online Shop Act Licence.
Payment, Document Upload, and Drafting
Our team will consult with you and assist you with the drafting and documentation.
You are required to take action
Fill out the simple form by logging in to the LegalDocs website, then make the payment after drafting. The Document Upload section will be visible to the customer after a successful payment.
Legaldocs Taking Action
Legaldocs will provide you with free eligibility, documentation, and drafting consultation.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR A SHOP ACT OR GUMASTA LICENCE
The documents required for a Gumasta Licence online vary by state, but in general, the following documents are required.
- Name of the employer and, if applicable, the manager
- The Shop’s or Establishment’s postal address;
- The name of the establishment, if any;
- The type of establishment, i.e. whether it is a shop, commercial establishment, residential hotel, restaurant, eating house, theatre, or other place of public amusement or entertainment
- Actual photograph of the establishment with the signboard
Aadhar Passport Size Photo of proprietor with Shop
CURRENT ACCOUNT OPENING
A current account is a type of deposit account that is helpful to professionals and businessmen in the day-to-day operations of their companies. The use of an online current account affords businesspeople a number of advantages, including the following:
- Transactions with no limits
- Adaptable characteristics
- Internet-based banking services Having a current account online eliminates a lot of hassle and gives you the advantage of being able to finish the banking process whenever and wherever you want.
READY TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS?
In just five minut
Current Account with Zero Balance.
Free checking or current account Presented by the ICICI Bank.
The process for renewing a Shop Act licence
Through LegalDocs, it is easy to renew a Gumasta licence online.
- To renew Gumasta, all you have to do is go to the website LegalDocs and sign in.
- You can send our expert your information and documents online.
- You can have your licence sent to your house.
Government shop act licence fees and costs vary from state to state, and so do government procedures.For example, in Maharashtra, the process for renewing a Gumasta licence has been thrown out, and new Gumasta licences can be gotten online and are good for life.
WHAT IS THE SHOP AND ESTABLISHMENT ACT?
An act that regulates the working conditions at all shops and commercial establishments that are permitted to operate within a state is referred to as the Shop Act. Another name for this act is the Shops and Establishment Act.State governments are the ones who put it into effect, and each state may have its own unique set of amendments.
WHAT DOES SHOP ACT REGISTRATION MEAN?
Every Shop and industrial status quo accomplishing a enterprise in a kingdom desires to sign in with the kingdom authorities below Shop act earlier than setting out a enterprise.An inspector appointed through the labour branch of the kingdom will test the important situations below the act after which difficulty a certificates of Shop act registration to the organisation which must be displayed withinside the Shop. It is likewise known as as store act licence. Department of Labour of kingdom authorities handles all of the registrations below this act.
WHAT ARE THE PRINCIPLES OF THE NEWSHOP ACT LICENCE?
Certain businesses in Maharashtra may now be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Movie theatres, restaurants, financial institutions, medical practises, and retail outlets are all included. The Act prohibits any establishment that sells alcohol or cigarettes from remaining open after the existing deadlines have passed.
Women’s working hours
The Act allows female workers to work past 9:30 p.m. if their employer provides safe transportation from the job site to their residence. Women’s rights – The Act prohibits discrimination against women workers in hiring, training, promotion, and wages. Women will generally be required to work only between 7 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. In an emergency, women may choose to work outside of these hours if the work environment is safe and transportation to her home is provided.
The Act forbids discrimination against women workers in hiring, training, promotion, and pay. Women will generally be required to work only between 7 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. In an emergency, women may choose to work outside of these hours if the work environment is safe and transportation to her home is provided.
Employees’ working hours will not exceed nine hours per day and 48 hours per week. Otherwise, the employer must pay employees twice their regular wages.
Vacations and leave
Workers are entitled to eight casual leaves (CLs) and 45 days of paid leave per year, according to the Act. The establishment will declare eight paid festival holidays, four of which will be national holidays. The other four festival holidays can be agreed upon by the establishment and its employees.
The law requires employers to make adequate arrangements for the health and safety of their employees. Cleanliness, hygiene, ventilation, and lighting are all aspects of worker safety.
Additional Reading: Gumasta Licence Advantages
WHAT IS COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SHOP ACT?
Commercial establishment is defined as an establishment that engages in any business, trade, or profession or any work that is in connection with, or incidental or ancillary to, any business, trade, or profession. This includes the establishment of any legal practitioner, medical practitioner, architect, engineer, accountant, tax consultant, or any other technical or professional consultant. Commercial establishment also includes a society that is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1866 (XXI of 1860), as well as a corporation.
1. The applicant must complete the state-specific Shop-Act Form.
2. Upload the necessary documents, such as identification, address, and establishment proof (owner’s photo with shop/establishment hoarding), as needed.
3. Respond to inquiries from the office and use LegalDocs to obtain a digitally signed GumastaLicense. For assistance with application documentation and approval from the relevant authorities, contact LegalDocs. We make obtaining an online GumastaLicense simple, in three steps.
Here are the documents you need to register your Gumasta licence:
1. Name of the company and the person in charge
2. The address of the shop or place of business
3. Give the name of the place
4. What kind of business it is.
5. A real picture of the place with its signboard
7. Passport Size
8. Picture of shop owner with store
LegalDocs is the best online service for registering under the Shop Act, and you won’t have to deal with unreliable or unhelpful agents.