Single Status Certificate
APPLY ONLINE FOR SINGLE STATUS CERTIFICATE
As the name suggests, a Single Status Certificate says that the person who gets it is not married. Most ministries of foreign affairs need a singleness check. People who have been divorced or lost a partner are considered to be single. All judicial systems consider a person who is divorced or a widower to be "single."
Easy Process and Documentation
• National identity card or Passport.
• Proof of address.
• If divorced, Decree Absolute.
• If widowed, Death Certificate of previous spouse (and Marriage Certificate).
• If your name has been changed by Deed Poll, proof is necessary.
• Parent passport, Aadhar card
• Affidavits from parents or Applicant
Cost and Timeframe
- When you send us your paperwork, our experienced staff will review your paperwork with local government officials to determine the service’s cost, feasibility, and completion date. After a quote has been given, it remains fixed. Location affects project duration and cost. Send us your documents and specific requirements to get a price and turnaround estimate.
- On an average Procurement takes Six to Eight weeks.
India's Most Trusted Legal Documentation Portal
SINGLE STATUS CERTIFICATE– APPLY BACHELORHOOD CERTIFICATE
Single Status Certificate from India
It is common practise for NRIs to search for a Single Status Certificate, which is often referred to as the Bachelorhood Certificate, in order to arrange a marriage in another country. When you deliver a legal credential or an educational certificate to a person in another nation, it might be difficult to identify whether or not the certificate is legitimate and whether or not it is authorised by the government. As a consequence of this, the government of a foreign nation will require verification that the document you possess is authentic and has not been counterfeited before agreeing to accept it. Additionally, the government will require verification that the signatures of Indian representatives on documents are authentic.
Who will verify the information on your certificate?
The verification process for attesting your Bachelor’s Certificate must first proceed through a number of checkpoints before it can eventually be verified. The following offices are responsible for carrying out the same tasks:
The Notary Office
The affidavit of bachelorhood needs to be notarized by an officer who is a notary public. He is responsible for attesting the document in the courtroom and works on the ground floor.
The Sub Divisional Magistrate
SDM is an abbreviation for “Sub-Divisional Magistrate,” and this official in India has the authority to grant a single status certificate at the district level. They check the affidavit before they counter-attest to it so that they can demonstrate that it is legitimate in every way.
The Ministry of External Affairs
When it comes to attestation, you are required to go via the MEA, which is also known as the Ministry of External Affairs. You cannot avoid going through this body. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has made it easier for non-resident Indians (NRIs) and other emigrants by appointing a few agencies to collect and vouch for attestation services in each of India’s states. Therefore, the attestation from the MEA can be considered the final stage in the verification process for your document.
- As soon as the status of bachelorhood or singleness has been confirmed by the SDM or any competent court. The bachelorhood or single status certificate will be endorsed with an attestation or apostille by the Attestation Section of the Consular, Passport, and Visa (CPV) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi.
- (The process of uploading a masked copy must be repeated, and only after the final payment can the copy be unmasked.)
Document Checklist for Single Status Certificate from India
- The Passport copy of Applicant
- Aadhar card
- Affidavit Format (Provided by us)