Mutation Of Name in L&DO

The process of changing a property owner's name in the Land & Development Office's records is called "mutation of name in L&DO." It is needed when the owner's name has changed because of something legal, like marriage, adoption, etc.

Easy Process and Documentation

Required Paperwork

  • Mutation application form
  • Copy of the sale deed of the property
  • Copy of the old name proof
  • Copy of the new name proof
  • Copy of the latest property tax receipt
  • Copy of the NOC from the concerned authority
  • Copy of the identity proof and address proof of the applicant.

Process, Service Charges, Time duration

  • When you send us your paperwork, our experienced staff will review your paperwork with local government officials to determine the service’s cost, feasibility, and completion date. After a quote has been given, it remains fixed. Location affects project duration and cost. Send us your documents and specific requirements to get a price and turnaround estimate.
  • On an average Procurement takes four to six weeks.
2000+ locations Served
Happy Clients 50000+
Averge Google Rating 4.9

India's Most Trusted Legal Documentation Portal

Estimated range of cost : Rs. 2500 to Rs. 5000

I have read LEGALDOCS ADVISOR's Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement and agree to them by submitting this service request.

skip to content

Mutation Of Name In L&do

The term “mutation” refers to the process of transferring the legal ownership of an immovable property from one person to another. This can only be done with immovable properties. As soon as a property is transformed, the records of the lessor will be updated to reflect the new owner by changing the transferee’s name.

In the event that the owner passes away, the mutation of the property is necessary to be done in the names of his or her legitimate heirs.

Immediately upon the receipt of an application for mutation, the relevant authorities are obligated to conduct a check to determine whether or not the transfer was carried out with the lessor’s authorization. If this is the case, the transferee is obligated to furnish a copy of the transfer deed that has been properly authenticated by the Sub-Registrar Office.

If the sale permission or gift permission was done by the lessee themselves, then the Sale Deed or Gift Deed will not be forwarded to the Branch Officer or Legal Officer for review. Instead, the lessee will be responsible for ensuring that the sale permission or gift permission was properly completed. If the execution of the Sale Deed was handled by an attorney, all of the necessary paperwork are going to have to be reviewed and approved by the Branch Officer or the Legal Officer.


If the assets is to be substituted in favour of all of the criminal heirs while there may be no `Will` or Relinquishment Deed or some other criminal files, then the affidavits of the criminal heirs and the dying certificates will be checked withinside the Section involved and substitution letter positioned up.

In case, in which the substitution is to be finished on the premise of the Will, or Relinquishment Deed, or Court Order, or some other criminal record inclusive of letter of administration, all such files will be mentioned the Branch Officer/Legal Officer for vetting. In case of any doubt, the problem will be mentioned the Assistant Legal Advisor with the aid of using the Branch Officer, with a right referring observe genuinely mentioning the problem of advice.